As Per LQ’s Recommendation
We diligently followed Laura Quinn‘s impeccable instructions for fun times along Canal St Martin. Success!
Here’s the play by play:
- Metro: Republique or Jacques Bonsergent
- Stroll along the Canal, check out the great shops, cross over bridges, watch the locks.
- Drink and people watch at Laura’s favourite bar, Chez Prune (corner of rue Beaurepaire and the Canal)
- Buy a couple cans of Kronenbourg from a corner store and drink it along the Canal (you are permitted to do this until 11pm) or as we did on the grass in a park.
- Go to Pink Flamingo on Rue Bichat for delicious pizza. (Laura recommended the Pad Thai Pizza – yeah! – but we were more in the mood for a regular straight up Margherita “Dante” – yum!). Place your order. They’ll take your name and give you a pink balloon. Walk to the Canal and drink your beer. (At which point my camera battery died.) Then within 20 minutes, a cute delivery guy comes on a bike with your pizza.
- We also let our balloon free and made a wish! Very romantic.
Merci Laura! This was part of a perfect Paris day. XOXO